TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Damn, that 'looks' bright
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Damn, that 'looks' bright

Posted by VinZmax on May 30, 2017 at 10:16 AM
  This message has been viewed 337 times.

In Reply To Re: Damn, that 'looks' bright posted by VinZmax on May 30, 2017 at 09:12 AM

Message I'm going to add one thing here for anyone interested in an LED conversion...............

LED's are polarity specific. There are some kits that can be plugged in each way, due to internal circuitry that lets them run both ways.
Most though need to be plugged in only one orientation, or they simply won't work.

With my Auxbeams, I found that they would not work when initially plugged in. I reversed the way I had them plugged in, and they both worked. Problem was, with the plug in, in the orientation that would like them up, my plugs would not 'lock' together.

What I did was 'de-pin' both my factory headlight connectors.... swapped the wires......... then snapped the wires back into the plastic housing that the wires were in. Plugged them in, and all worked fine. Now the small pigtail from the Auxbeams is 'locked' in to my factory headlight connector.

Just wanted to put that out there for anyone considering LED's headlights, that they may need to reverse the polarity for the lights to work. It's just the nature of LED's, and I guess the manufacturer can't wire these light kits to make sure the polarity is in accordance with each make and model of car out there.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.